Christmas 2023 How To: Prevent a Dry Turkey or Chicken!
In this Christmas How To we will explain to you how to prepare the tastiest turkey and chicken and prevent it from becoming dry.
Step 1. Gather ingredients:
Turkey or chicken
Tasty marinade (herbs, oil, citrus, etc.)
Step 2. Marinating the turkey or chicken:
Apply the flavorful marinade generously to the turkey or chicken, making sure the entire surface is well covered.
Place the marinated turkey or chicken in a sealed bag or cover with plastic wrap.
Let the turkey rest in the refrigerator at least overnight to allow the flavors to infuse.
Step 3. Preparing for baking:
Preheat the oven to the correct temperature according to the recipe or weight of the turkey or chicken.
Remove the marinated turkey or chicken from the refrigerator well in advance to allow it to reach room temperature
Step 4. Cover with aluminum foil:
- Place the turkey or chicken in an oven-safe dish and cover it with aluminum foil during the first part of the baking process.
- Make sure the foil is loosely attached so that heat can circulate evenly.
Step 5. Baking the turkey:
Place the covered turkey in the preheated oven and follow the recipe for the initial baking time.
During the baking process, occasionally baste with the juices in the bowl for extra flavor.
Step 6. Removing aluminum foil:
- About 30 minutes before the end of the total cooking time, carefully remove the aluminum foil to give the turkey a golden brown crust.
- This ensures that the turkey retains its juicy, tender texture.
Step 7. Using the meat thermometer:
- Insert the meat thermometer into the thickest part of the turkey, avoiding bones.
- Make sure the thermometer reads the correct internal temperature according to poultry recommendations (usually 74°C).
- When the desired temperature has been reached, the turkey is ready to be removed from the oven.
Step 8. Resting and Cutting:
Let the turkey rest for a few minutes before you start carving. This helps to retain the juices and make the meat juicier.
With this Christmas How To you ensure that your turkey becomes a tasty, juicy addition to your festive Christmas dinner.